By Kinjal Jain
Who doesn’t like Coconuts? And who doesn’t like Kheer? Clearly, no one!
So, we bring to you a recipe that’s a combination of both.
Coconut Kheer, a delicious recipe by a famous Instagram food blogger, Kinjal Jain is here to make your dessert cravings sleep with peace.
Here’s what you need for this recipe-
1/2 cup White Rice
1.5 cups water
3 cups of Hye Coconut milk ( divided into half for cooking and half for later)
1/2 cup shredded Coconut
1/2 cup Sugar (adjust to taste)
1 tbsp Cardamom powder
2 tbsp raisins
Pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients except half of the coconut milk in the instant pot.
- Give it a good stir so everything mixes well.
- Set instant pot to porridge mode for 20 minutes on high pressure.
- When instant pot beeps, let the pressure release naturally.
- Open Instant Pot lid. Mash cooked rice with the back of a spoon.
- Add rest of the coconut milk and stir well. Adjust sugar if needed.
- Rice kheer is ready. Garnish with few saffron strands on top. Serve warm.
To get the desired consistency, additionally, cook on SAUTE mode for 2-3 mins if needed and your delicious Coconut Kheer is ready for you to dig in.