By Richa Bhatia
Who doesn’t like Rasmalai? Probably no one!
The melt in the mouth texture of this dessert, added with the creaminess of malai, makes it irresistible for everyone.
Recently Richa Bhatia, a food blogger known with the name I_got_hangryy surprised us with this delicious & ‘easy to make’ sequel of Rasmalai- Bread Malai Roll. She also added a twist to this signature dessert by making the malai from Hye’s Coconut milk powder and we can’t wait to share it with you.
All you need to make this recipe :
- 4 tbsp of Hye’s Coconut milk powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ¼ tbsp Cardamom powder
- Nuts of your choice
The process to make Mawa paste- :
- In a Tawa heat 1 tsp butter with 1 cup coconut milk and 2 tbsp cream
- Stir and combine well
- Break lumps making sure the mixture is a smooth consistency
- Turn off the stove when mawa paste thickens and turns creamy
The process to make Malai :
- Heat 1 cup coconut milk and ½ cup cream
- Stir well and boil for 2-3 minutes or until milk thickens
- Add ¼ cup sugar and stir well until sugar dissolves
- Add ¼ tsp cardamom powder, mix well & your malai would be ready
The process to make Bread roll :
- Take a bread slice and roll thin trimming off the edges
- Spread a tbsp of mawa paste uniformly
- Top with 1 tbsp of nuts
- Cut into half and roll tight
- Place the rolled malai bread in a deep serving plate
- Pour in prepared malai milk slowly
- Decorate with saffron milk and top with a cherry
Refrigerate for 30 minutes and your bread malai roll would be ready to serve!
Get your pack of Hye’s Coconut milk powder Here