What is curcumin, is the first thought that pops up in your mind. Wests the most important component of the traditional Indian spice, Turmeric, also known as Curcuma Longa. Did you know? Curcumin is only “one” of the components found in turmeric, there are other elements too. Their names are too long and very scientific. However, we won’t hold them back from you! They are “Demethoxy-curcumin” and “Bis- Demethoxy-curcumin.” Another interesting fact? It is curcumin that gives turmeric its yellow color and is used as a food additive.
Also, Curcumin gives Turmeric its anti-inflammatory property! Can you believe that? We did a lot of research to find that out! It is about 2-6% of most turmeric and makes up approximately 90% of the curcuminoid content in it.
Want to know how curcumin powder is extracted? It is extracted from the tubers of dried and milled turmeric with the use of a suitable solvent. An oily resin is acquired after the extraction process and the elimination of the solvent, it contains 25-35% of the pigments with the required oils and resin extracts!
Phew! That’s too much information on how it is extracted.
How many benefits does Curcumin have? Find them out yourself!
Now, for the interesting part, curcumin benefits!
We all know that we can avoid certain things in life, but who wants to ignore their health, especially with everything going on right now in the world. Want to know a secret, even if we don’t! Deteriorating health, pain in the body, etc. are a few of the problems that we, as humans, face in our lives. However, with the right amount of love and care, we can strengthen our bodies to withstand any disease. With this in mind, even the most ordinary of herbs can help, and one such is curcumin. It has various benefits, and they have been mentioned below!
- It has antioxidant properties. Curcumin has shown that it can help in reducing oxidative stress. Interesting, right? Research has shown that the effect of curcumin on the free radicals is done through various mechanisms, and it is said to have the same properties of Vitamin E, that is, it can be considered as a chain-breaking antioxidant.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties: Did you know? One of the major reasons behind different diseases is oxidative stress and is also a reason behind inflammation. It has been seen to cause various diseases and serious conditions among humans. To overcome this, one can consume curcumin, as it has been shown by experts that it helps in reducing inflammation through various processes, which supports its property of acting as an anti-inflammatory agent. As the main component of turmeric, it has also shown that it plays a significant role in reducing both acute and chronic inflammation.
- It has anti-diabetic properties: Turmeric, which is derived from the root of Curcuma Longa has been said to have anti-diabetic properties in Ayurvedic scriptures, as well as in the Chinese traditional medicine and has been used for thousands of years. That’s something you don’t get to hear everyday, is it? Curcumin, being a part of turmeric has also shown its ability as a potential therapeutic agent for helping in overcoming diabetes and the complications that follow this disease. It helps in controlling the glycaemic levels and it is even inexpensive and safe to consume as it is a completely natural product. Curcumin and its benefits on diabetes has been studied for a long time for its effects on type-2 diabetics, and they have been found that it can help in reducing its damaging complications.
- It has antimicrobial properties: Curcumin has been found to have strong anti-bacterial properties against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria and it has shown various remarkable antiviral effects on the different cell structures in the body. Additionally, there have been various studies conducted by experts who have said that curcumin has antibacterial properties.
- A healthy heart is all we need: In today’s world, heart problems have become a major issue and is also one of the major causes of death worldwide. In a research conducted by experts, it was found that curcumin contains a potential cardio-protective effect against strokes, etc. It even helps in reducing the severity of the pathological changes and thus, it can be said that curcumin helps in protecting the heart against various diseases.
- The key to a healthy life is a healthy brain: Experts have stated that curcumin has been used in different treatments such as brain injuries and even dementia. It even has the potential to help overcome Alzheimer’s Disease. With its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory properties, it helps in improving the cognitive abilities of people with Alzheimer’s. It even helps in improving the memory and brain inflammation, which is related to major depression and even Alzheimer’s Disease.
Did you know that most of the diseases and illnesses that are caused such as common cold, flu, fever, or stomach infections are caused by the inability of the body’s immune system to fight off viruses and bacteria? It is the same with the allergies caused due to environmental reasons such as smoke, pollen, fumes, etc. which reflect the poor state of the immune system. To overcome all these, you must give your body the required elements and create a strong defence mechanism, to fight off its enemies.
To keep yourself healthy and fit, you can try Hye Foods’ Curcumin Capsules, which contains 95% curcumin and 95% piperine. With piperine, an extract of black pepper helps increase meta-absorption and bioavailability takes place. There are other ways to consume curcumin too! It is available in the form of curcumin capsules, which will be able to give you the same benefits as pure curcumin or curcumin capsules.
Many common health woes can be done away with curcumin. What are you waiting for? Start consuming it today!
To order your box of Curcumin capsules, click here
4 thoughts on “Curcumin- The Yellow Wonder!”
Very helpful blog!
Great information about Curcumin.
We are glad that you find this information informative.
Please let us know your valuable feedback after using this product.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts about website.