Coconut Phirni: Phirni is another famous Indian dessert that is made in every Indian household on almost every festive occasion. It is a type of Indian rice pudding made from rice, milk, and sugar/jaggery, authentically. It is very easy to make and a treat for your taste buds.
During Diwali, a famous food blogger Vini, known for her famous handle viniscookbook, brought a coconut-y twist to this traditional delicacy. This twisted Coconut Phirni was so flavorsome that we had to share this secret recipe with you.
Coconut Phirni Ingredients:
- 2 cups of water
- 1/4 Hye Coconut milk powder
- 1/4 cup fresh grated coconut
- 1/4 cup rice soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 cardamom (powdered)
- Coconut flakes and silver pistachio for garnish
- In a saucepan heat 2 cups of water
- Add 1/4 cup of Hye Coconut milk powder
- Mix well and let it simmer
- Meanwhile, grind 1/4 cup of rice till it gets rava like structure
- Add to the milk
- Add 1/4 cup grated coconut
- Cook till the mixture thickens and reaches cake batter-like consistency
- Add 1/4 cup sugar
- Add powdered cardamom
- Simmer till sugar dissolves
- Set in earthen pots
- Garnish with Coconut flakes and silver pistachio
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
- Serve cold & Bon appetit!
Get started on this delicious Coconut Phirni now!
Order your pack of Hye Coconut milk powder at http://hyefoods.com/product-category/coconut-milk-products/coconut-milk-powder/